Chapman Marine Group offers a variety of career opportunities ranging from Sales and Marketing to Service Technicians. So if you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with our team, we may have an opportunity for you.
To register your interest contact us via email at email@example.com, or call us on 02 9818 2000
Take a look at our current job vacancies below:
VACANCY: Marine Mechanic
An exciting opportunity to join a well-respected and long standing marine dealership operating on Sydney Harbour for 30 years.
Chapman Marine Group is an all-inclusive business offering new boat sales of world-leading brands including Searay, Beneteau Powerboats and Wellcraft; brokerage sales of pre-owned powerboats, parts and accessories and marine servicing.
As a result of our continuing expansion, we are looking for a full-time marine mechanic for our office located on the Sydney Boathouse in Rozelle Bay.
Due to the nature of the business, the volume of work will fluctuate day-to-day and therefore your ability to multitask across projects is essential.
This role reports directly to the Managing Director and interacts with new and second-hand boat customers, Chapman Marine sales team and marina & boat yard staff.
You will be responsible for:
- Pre-delivery and servicing of all new Mercury & Mercruiser Engines, Outboards & Sterndrives
- Installation of new Mercruiser and Mercury Engines to new and second hand boats
- General mechanical repairs on various brands of marine engines
- General Electrical and Electronic installation and fault finding
- Operation of plant and machinery
- Maintaining secure premises and vessels
- Maintaining positive working relationships with all stakeholders interacting with Chapman Marine Group and Sydney Boat House.
What you will need for this job:
- Qualified Mercury Outboard & Mercruiser Sterndrive mechanic an advantage
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude
- Minimum 3 years’ industry experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, good general computer knowledge
- Capacity and willingness to nurture and build strong relationships with customers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Australian recognized marine recreational boat licence as well as motor vehicle licence
How to apply:
This is a fantastic, well-remunerated opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic marine professional mechanic with a strong customer service focus. If this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for please apply online.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.